The end of summer is always bittersweet. Boat and beach days subside while fall sports and events become the focal point. We all know how fortunate we are to live in a location that allows us to take our summer activities well into fall, but sometimes, we forget to take advantage of this!
Here are a few tips to extend summer into the fall season – Florida style!
1. Wear White: We know the saying, no white after Labor Day. But does that really apply to us down here in South Florida? Worried about white? Try cream undertones and you’ll be just fine.
2. Be social. There are tons of places in Vero Beach still offering summer specials and now is the time to take advantage of them! Citrus Grill House offers a Summer Prix Fix Menu, during happy hour and the view is a dessert of its own!
3. Don’t update your home décor to include autumn just yet! Extend your bright colors and coastal décor through the end of September.
4. Hit the beach a few more times! The water is typically at a perfect temperature during these hotter months in Florida so make sure you take advantage of it! Don’t forget sunscreen. Extending your tan is great, but protect your skin!
5. Take a staycation! With two amazing resorts right in our backyard, the opportunities are endless! Costa d’Este Beach Resort and Spa and the Vero Beach Hotel and Spa are offering Florida resident specials perfect for this time of year! Also, don’t forget to Airbnb it!